How the EARS Notation Supports Effective Requirements Management and Live Traceability™
To reduce project risk, organizations should move from document-centric to information-centric (or data-centric) processes. This presents decision-makers with up-to-date information and the ability to see the relationships between different information sources. However, many organizations have numerous unconnected tools across the systems development lifecycle.
Connecting information from across a wide toolchain is significantly easier if the information is captured clearly, precisely, and consistently. The Easy Approach to Requirements Syntax (EARS) notation provides a simple mechanism to structure requirement statements.
In this whitepaper, we cover how using Jama Connect and the EARS notation can help teams realize the following benefits:
- Simple, precise, and consistent requirements are easier to connect
- Unlocks the knowledge within the requirements data
- Reduces silo mentality and builds a shared understanding
- Ensures that the latest information is available to all those involved in the system development
- The right information available at the right time to support engineering and business decisions