Accelerate Innovation in Medical Device Development
Free your teams from document-based medical requirements management, streamline your processes to improve outcomes, and spend more time on innovation.
Jama Connect® for Medical Device Development is a single powerful platform for medical device teams to manage design controls for device requirements and related risks, simplifying regulatory submissions and audit preparations while accelerating time to market. It is built to include standard medical device frameworks that support key medical device software standards and regulations, including:
• ISO standards for quality and risk management for medical devices (e.g., ISO 13485, ISO 14971)
• IEC standards for medical device lifecycle requirements (e.g., IEC 62304)
• FDA regulations applicable to medical device development (e.g., 21 CFR 820.30 and CFR Part 11)
• EU medical device directives and regulations
• Agile practices in medical device software development, AAMI TIR45
And even more integrations with other leading software — including automated test solutions— to accelerated and facilitate success across the entire product development lifecycle.
With the rapid innovation in digital health such as clinical web and mobile software applications which do not traditionally classify as a “device” due to its lack of custom electromechanics, the Software as a Medical Device guidance (SaMD) was adopted by the FDA along with global regulatory leaders to ensure such software products adopt the same general medical device principles to demonstrate safety, effectivity, and performance.
To learn more about SaMD, watch this information-packed webinar.
“Jama Connect frees us up to focus on the design of the product, not the logistics of the work that needs to be done. We are able to spend our time more effectively — helping our customers.”
“We all want to spend more time being creative and innovating our products, and Jama Connect gives us more opportunities to do that.”
Learn how Jama Connect Companion MBSE solution provides a path to companies embracing MBSE where the application of collaboration, modeling, and methods reduces time and effort across the product development lifecycle.
• Designing a system using models enables early visualization and simulation, improving stakeholder buy-in and customer satisfaction.
• Enables collaborative, innovative design and maintenance of complex systems.
• Build MBSE organizational maturity with ready-to-use framework and option to connect to additional model tools.
• Creates a textual and relational model across your requirements, architecture, and Verification & Validation data, creating structure and relationship diagrams, to support a more effective model-based systems engineering.
• Makes requirements and all of the data and relationships of the data accessible across the organization.
• Integrates software, hardware, and systems engineering
How can we help you? Our team of Jama Connect experts are here to answer any questions and learn how we can help enable your continued success.
• ISO 13485:2016 – Standards for quality management requirements for medical devices
• ISO 14971:2019 – The risk management standard for medical devices
• IEC 62304:2006 – Standards for medical device lifecycle requirements and medical device software
• AAMI TIR45 – Agile practices in medical device software development
• FDA Regulations – Several FDA regulations are applicable to medical devices including 21 CFR 820.30 and CFR Part 11
• EU Medical Device Directives – Regulations to sell medical devices in the European union with EU MDR a standard which replaces the current Medical Devices Directive in 2021