ARP4761A Introduction for Engineers and Managers
Safety does not rely upon magic numbers, but rather real answers. Likewise, safety is never an accident, but true safety should prevent accidents. The numbers “4754” and “4761” are not magic, but are associated with safety. Safety and the numbers have evolved – the newest answers for safety are found in 4754A and 4761A; specifically, SAE’s ARP4754A and ARP4761A.
In this whitepaper, written in conjunction with the avionics experts at AFuzion, we examine this important safety standard, and walk through:
- The foundation for ARP4761A and the safety assessment process
- Traceability as a system assessment process
- Common safety terminology
- Safety assessment options explained
- ARP certification software and platforms