- 1. Requirements Management
- 1 What is Requirements Management?
- 2 Why do you need Requirements Management?
- 3 Four Fundamentals of Requirements Management
- 4 Adopting an Agile Approach to Requirements Management
- 5 Conquering the 5 Biggest Challenges of Requirements Management
- 6 Three Reasons You Need a Requirements Management Solution
- 2. Writing Requirements
- 1 Functional requirements examples and templates
- 2 Product requirements document template and examples
- 3 How to write system requirement specification (SRS) documents
- 4 Jama Software Requirements Advisor
- 5 How to Write an Effective Product Requirements Document
- 6 Functional vs. Non-functional requirements
- 7 What Are Non-Functional Requirements and How Do They Impact Product Development?
- 8 Characteristics of Effective Software Requirements and Software Requirements Specifications (SRS)
- 9 8 Do’s and Don’ts for Writing Requirements
- 3. Requirements Gathering and Management Processes
- 4. Requirements Traceability
- 1 What is Requirements Traceability and Why Does It Matter for Product Teams?
- 2 How to Overcome Organizational Barriers to Live Requirements Traceability
- 3 Requirements Traceability, What Are You Missing?
- 4 Four Best Practices for Requirements Traceability
- 6 What Are the Benefits of End-to-End Traceability During Product Development?
- 5. Requirements Management Tools and Software
- 6. Requirements Validation and Verification
- 7. Meeting Regulatory Compliance and Industry Standards
- 8. Project Management
- 9. Measuring Requirements
Requirements Validation and Verification
Verification and validation (V&V) are activities key to successful development. While verification focuses on ensuring the program is built according to the stated requirements, the verification process includes activities such as reviewing the code and doing walkthroughs and inspections.
V&V is crucial when it comes to ensuring cost savings and a high-quality product. In the end, if the product doesn’t meet the original objectives, then time, money and effort are wasted.
In this chapter, we’ll look at:
- The differences between verification and validation
- Leveraging RM software to streamline V&V activities
- Best practices for V&V