Wearable technology – “smart” clothing or accessories, like Google Glass and the Pebble Smartwatch– has gotten a lot or press this year, and even more so since Nike announced it is strategically getting out of wearable hardware and “focusing more on the software side of the experience.” While some companies are reevaluating how they approach the wearables space, others, like Intel, are investing as they see big opportunity in the Internet of Things.
Here’s five recent stories on wearables that showcase the biggest opportunities and challenges the market presents:
- Nike CEO confirms FuelBand focus now on software, not hardware
- Intel missed mobile, but won’t miss wearables
- Lenovo CTO Says Wearable Shakeup Ahead
- The Future Of Jawbone Could Be In Wearable Identity Tech
- Covidien makes wearables acquisition with Zephyr Technology deal
Where do you see the future of wearables going? Tell us in the comments below or find us on Twitter.