As we continue our growth and expansion into new markets, today we are excited to announce some important leadership transitions that lay the groundwork for ongoing success at Jama Software.
Eric Winquist Embarks on His Next Chapter
Guided by a bold vision to revolutionize the way products are developed and built, Eric Winquist co-founded Jama 11 years ago. Since then, we’ve made significant progress toward that vision.
While the accomplishments are too numerous to list, here are a few of the many milestones that Jama has achieved in the pursuit of revolutionizing product development:
- We brought a unique solution to market – Jama is the best-of-breed product development platform that helps companies build better products faster.
- We scaled our operations – today we are a global business with over 600 active customers, nearly 200 employees and offices in North America and Europe.
- We completed our first acquisition – we acquired analytics specialist Notion and launched our groundbreaking product, Jama Analyze™, the analytics platform purpose-built for product development teams.
- We are expanding our partner ecosystem – we have partnered with other technology companies, consulting firms and product development process experts to broaden our reach and the scope of offerings.
- We continue to focus on growth and innovation – in June, we secured a new funding round led by Insight Venture Partners with participation from Madrona Venture Group to help us unlock our potential for years to come.
Eric has spent the past year in Amsterdam getting our European headquarters up and running with great success. We have quickly grown the team to 15 employees working in Europe and are seeing growing momentum in the region, including expanded office space and the hiring of seasoned sales leader Stephen Porter.
Now, after getting our European operations off to a strong start, the time is right for Eric to take a well-deserved break. We will be forever grateful to Eric for over a decade of hard work and leadership, and look forward to cheering him on as he explores what’s next.
Jennifer Jaffe and Jonathan Cogan Take the Next Big Step
As we look ahead, we are excited to announce two executive promotions that set the stage for future growth.
After five years as a Jamanian and with a robust background in the world of product development, Jennifer Jaffe has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Products & Strategy. Jennifer recently relocated to our European headquarters in Amsterdam to work more closely with our growing team and roster of innovative European customers. Additionally, she has also helped us unveil our vision of Predictive Product Development, completed the acquisition of Notion and launched Jama Analyze. With this promotion, Jennifer and her team will drive Jama’s strategic vision and product roadmap.
We’re also pleased to announce that Jonathan Cogan has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales. With two years at Jama under his belt and a strong background in sales for enterprise software and SaaS solutions, Jonathan recently assumed responsibility for our Account Management organization in addition to leading New Business Sales, Sales Development and Sales Enablement. With this promotion, Jonathan and his team will have worldwide revenue responsibility to drive sales and adoption of our new and existing products.
We are excited to promote these two from within Jama and solidify our commitment to ongoing product innovation and market expansion for many years to come.