In this post, we look at how Teledyne e2v leverages Jama Connect for improved communication and better risk management.
Teledyne e2v is a global leader in specialized components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defense, and industrial applications.
- Over 1600 employees in countries across Europe, America, and Asia.
- As a result of their track record of innovation and technological breakthroughs, Teledyne e2v continues to be involved in many high-profile ground-breaking programs
Teledyne e2v’s success is built on long-established relationships with industry partners. The combination of their strong, in-house technical capability and links with technical authorities and universities, ensures that they can bring together the right level of expertise for a diverse range of technical challenges.
- RF Power solutions for defense, medical, marine, industrial, and security applications
- Imaging solutions including CCD and CMOS sensors and cameras, for space and earth observation, life science, machine vision, and medical applications
- Semiconductor solutions for aerospace and defense hi-rel microprocessors, high speed data converters, and high reliability ICs
A Single Source of Truth Increases Product Development Efficiencies and Improves the Flow of Information for Teledyne e2v
To meet the challenge of producing components and systems with increasing complexity, Teledyne e2v turned to the easy-to-use Jama Connect platform to provide a single source of information and end-to-end traceability for some of their product development teams.
- Optimize information flow
- Improve formal review process
- Find a product development tool that would garner broad adoption
After selecting Jama Connect, Teledyne e2v saw these results
Time-Saving Efficiencies in Meeting and Decision Making
With the single source of truth and real-time structured collaboration that Jama Connect provides, the Teledyne e2v team has streamlined the development process resulting in increased cross-team efficiencies and expedited decision making.
Streamlining and Simplification of Tools
After determining that Jama Connect was a sensible, easy-to-use, and easy to adopt tool that would increase efficiencies, having a customer saying they were going to use Jama simply sealed the deal and is helping Teledyne e2v achieve their goal of streamlining and simplifying their tools and processes.
Jama Connect has enabled a focused model of engineering leadership, with identified owners of top-level vision, and a streamlined, single source of truth. This has shown strong potential to leave developers with greater freedom to manage the detailed development and implementation in-line with the vision that is clearly communicated and controlled within Jama Connect. Leveraging this further across all projects and product developments is a key ambition for the team.
Driving Systems Thinking Across the Organization
Teledyne e2v’s leadership knows that tackling complex engineering problems and projects requires a structured and systematic approach. They needed a tool that would support their engineers and technical specialists to work in a structured way—without the tool getting in the way. Jama Connect enables this and is helping to drive systems engineering discipline further into the team, not only standardizing the way people work, but making it a positive experience.
To see how the team is now leveraging Jama Connect and how their risk management process has already improved, read the full customer story here.
- 2022 Predictions for Airborne Product and Systems Development - January 25, 2022
- 2022 Automotive Predictions: Modernizing Development, Maintaining Compliance, and the Growing Autonomous Market - January 18, 2022
- 2022 Predictions for Medical Device Development: Increased Focus On Cybersecurity, Clarity On Standard Compliance, and the Challenge of Human Variability - January 11, 2022