Last month 1,150 professionals registered for our Best Practices for Writing Requirements webinar — our biggest webinar audience ever. Effective requirements writing continues to gain momentum as an urgent topic among product development teams across all industries. We get why.
The impact of clear and effective communication among stakeholders reverberates throughout organizations, and can:
- Improve the quality of the requirements process.
- Reduce rework.
- Foster a culture of transparency.
- Enable employees to work faster without sacrificing quality.
These benefits validate strong requirements writing as a crucial building block for an efficient workflow, and every business should want to perfect the skill.
Clarity, from market need to detailed requirement.
You can have the best builders and greatest minds on your side. But as our Manager of Business Consulting Preston Mitchell explains in the webinar, poor requirements writing compromises team collaboration and trust, kills innovation, and ultimately results in a product that doesn’t do what you want it to do. It undermines your entire requirements management process.
There’s a lot of things around writing better requirements, it can be a great goal in and of itself. But it’s even better in that it leads to other efficiencies in your business. – Manager of Business Consulting Preston Mitchell
Preston breaks down the path from “need” to “requirement” into three parts: Understand the problem, define the requirement hierarchy, and improve requirement quality. Within each section, he identifies best practices that ensure you keep the market need — and user need — visible for your entire team and provides examples that show you how to do so. Watch the webinar now to see what you missed.
Top-of-mind questions answered — and new ones you never thought to ask.
- How can you detect a poorly worded requirement?
- What kinds of words add ambiguity to your requirements language?
- What’s the difference between requirements and design specification?
- What do you need to include when you write a strong, clearly defined problem statement?
In addition to best practices, Preston details how Jama Software can help improve your requirements authoring. There’s also a Q and A at the end, so you can hear specific, real-world examples from people want to apply great requirements writing to their business today.
Add these important writing practices to your skill set and refine your product development process. You can watch a recording of the webinar in our resources center right now.
- We’re Proud to Share the New Faces of Jama Software - April 8, 2021
- Requirements Verification and Validation for Product Teams - April 7, 2021
- How Jama Connect Can Help With Digital Transformation - April 6, 2021