Today we are excited to announce the availability of Jama Connect for Airborne Systems, a solution designed to help systems engineering teams reduce barriers to the compliance process for their aircraft and aviation systems development process.
Jama Connect for Airborne Systems lets customers seamlessly manage requirements, risks, and tests in one powerful platform while supporting mission and safety-critical standards. The solution is built with the digital engineering ecosystem in mind, empowering engineering teams to better manage requirements, while simplifying regulatory alignment for civil aircraft system development, including ARP4754/ED-79.
The aerospace and aviation industry is experiencing innovative changes not seen for decades, where rapidly evolving technology has driven companies to develop disruptive products. The first commercial greater than 50-seat hybrid-electric aircraft is expected to make a fare-paying flight by 20321 and the FAA estimates over 545,000 commercial drones to be in use by 2021.2 Innovation brings increased complexity in the design process, including the connected networks that handle autonomous flight systems and unmanned, autonomous aircraft. The industry currently relies heavily on paper documents to track requirements— which simply can’t be depended upon in a digitized world with predominantly autonomous aircraft.
The Chosen Solution for Leading Aircraft Companies
As the chosen requirements management platform for five of the leading global electric aircraft companies driving innovation, Jama Software recognizes and answers these challenges. The company has worked closely with its partners to provide an all-in-one solution to address and overcome these challenges with ease. Jama Connect for Airborne Systems helps engineering teams get set up quickly, allowing them to focus on product design and innovation, while reducing the costs and effort required to align their development processes to meet mission and safety-critical standards.
“Aerospace systems engineering teams have a tough job: they are tasked with developing innovative, mission-critical systems at an accelerated pace and with unwavering quality standards,” said Keith Johnson, Chief Solution Officer at Jama Software. “Our new solution, designed specifically for these teams, will help facilitate the development process from start to finish. Jama Connect allows developers to hit the ground running with a purpose-built, out-of-the-box framework and best–practices guides that save critical time in the engineering process.”
Key features of Jama Connect for Airborne Systems
- Frameworks aligned with key industry standards and regulations: ARP4754/ED-79, DO-178C/ED-12C, and DO-254/ED-80 and SEBoK
- Best practices, including procedure and configuration guides for aircraft and aviation systems development
- Export templates and reports, including requirements specifications
- Supply chain collaboration to enable an ongoing exchange of requirements between customers and suppliers
- Training and documentation aligned to aircraft and aviation systems regulations, which provides accelerated onboarding to set systems engineers up quickly
To learn more about how Jama Connect for Airborne Systems helps teams to improve their ability to communicate, track, and test requirements for teams in the aerospace industry, download our solution overview.
- Leveraging Peer and Approval Workflows to Optimize your Peer and Approval Process - October 5, 2021
- Introducing Jama Connect for Companion MBSE - September 28, 2021
- What are Functional Requirements and How Do They Impact Product Development? - September 22, 2021