Today we’re excited to introduce Jama Connect for Automotive, a new solution designed specifically to accelerate product development for automotive engineering teams in the autonomous, electric, and traditional vehicle space. This new solution is designed to assist engineering teams in improving development lifecycles and to better manage requirements, risk, hazard analysis, and test management, while simplifying alignment to safety-critical standards, including ISO 26262.
The average life of vehicles on the road today exceeds 12 years, increasing the impact to the business of safety recalls and associated expenses to repair. Continued innovation in automotive product development, coupled with the need to meet safety-critical standards, creates a development environment where engineering teams must balance speed-to-market with product quality in support of functional safety standards.
As the requirements management platform for six of the top 10 electric vehicle startups on the frontlines of innovation, we recognize these challenges and have been working closely with companies in the automotive industry to offer an all-in-one solution. Jama Connect for Automotive helps engineering teams get set up quickly, allowing them to focus on product design and innovation, while reducing the costs and effort required to align their development processes to functional safety standards.
“Developers are balancing safety-critical standards and regulations with getting innovative products to market faster and in a highly disruptive and competitive climate,” said Josh Turpen, Chief Product Officer at Jama Software. “We’re excited to introduce our new solution designed specifically for automotive development teams, which will help facilitate the development process from the start. Jama Connect allows developers to hit the ground running with preconfigured templates and best practices built for automotive teams, saving critical time in the development process. This will be hugely beneficial for them especially now as teams continue to navigate the complexities of a remote work lifestyle.”
Jama Connect for Automotive accelerates ￼the development lifecycle with key features including:
- Automotive framework aligned to key industry standards and regulations: ISO 26262:2018, Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) and SEBoK
- Best practices including procedure and configuration guides for automotive manufacturing activities
- Document export templates including requirements specifications
- Functional safety kit with TÜV SÜD certificate and report
- Supply chain collaboration to enable an ongoing exchange of requirements between customers and suppliers
- Training and documentation aligned to automotive regulations, that provide accelerated onboarding to set developers up quickly
The built-in templates and best practices guides provided in Jama Connect enable engineering teams to reduce development cycle times. Jama Software is helping to streamline development processes, ultimately accelerating new product launches to market while ensuring customers meet safety-critical standards and regulations for the highly evolving automotive industry.
Register for our upcoming webinar with Ansys to learn more about bridging the gaps in safety-critical product development.
- Leveraging Peer and Approval Workflows to Optimize your Peer and Approval Process - October 5, 2021
- Introducing Jama Connect for Companion MBSE - September 28, 2021
- What are Functional Requirements and How Do They Impact Product Development? - September 22, 2021