Both channels have these characteristics:
- Fully tested on all supported platforms.
- You can upgrade whenever you like — you can skip releases and are never forced to upgrade.
- You can deploy any release to a QA environment and validate it before you deploy it.
- Critical security patches and high severity defect fixes will be available to both channels as quickly as possible.
- With the exception of Air-Gap, installs require access to the internet during the installation process.
The Express channel is closest to our SaaS offering. Choose Express if any of these describe your company:
- You want access to all new features as soon as they are available.
- You want access to all defect fixes each month.
- You expect that you might want to upgrade more often than once or twice a year.
- You’d like the option of participating in beta programs for new features so you can shape the design of those features.
- You are able to validate updates to tools in less than a month.
- You can connect your Jama server to the internet (directly or through a proxy) when you want to download Jama.
The Standard channel is closest to our legacy on-premises offering. Choose Standard if any of these describe your company:
- You have a validation process for tools that takes more than one month to complete.
- You don’t want to think about each release. You’d rather only get notified once or twice a year about the big changes.
- You would prefer to stay on an older, supported release most of the time.
- You’re willing to wait six months or more for most defect fixes and new features.
- You cannot connect your Jama server to the Internet at all and need to transfer new versions of Jama using a USB stick or removable media. (We only package up Jama for air gap installations when we release to the Standard channel).